Saturday, August 27, 2016

Crafting Circle goes SHAKESPEARE

Samantha at Crafting Circle has an original idea for showcasing artists and she invited me to join this round which is SHAKESPEARE.

Those who know me also know that's it unlikely I will go for anything obvious and artists participating can submit up to 10 (yes TEN) images-all the info is at the blog which is linked just above there.

My original idea was OUT DAMN SPOT from MacBeth but upon looking at various quotes I decided on the quote shown in my digi.


There are so many choice lines from MacBeth - I love the OPERA VERSION by Giuseppi Verdi and especially the sleepwalking scene I have included a video for you with MARIA CALLAS from 1952.
click the sheet music for her aria

Her unusual voice is perfect for this part.

So---I chose the serpent beneath the flowers quote  and here is my digi image:




If you click on the image it will become a bit larger-This image will eventually be available on my  ZIBBET shop via direct download.

Roaming the halls and turrets of a cold, ghostly Scottish Castle at midnight.


“Look like the innocent flower,
But be the serpent under it.”
William Shakespeare, Macbeth





This was drawn on Vellum Bristol with a Pigmas Micron 01

I purposely left the eyes blank-I think it adds to the creepiness - Hope you enjoy Lady MacBeth and also the legendary voice of Maria Callas.

I had time to do one more for the Shakespeare challenge so here are the witches from MacBeth with possibly the most famous line from the play -Something wicked this way comes:


And a snippet from "Macbeth retold " with James Macavoy which captures the spooky feeling of the play:



“To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.”
William Shakespeare, Macbeth

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining in on the Artist Challenge, another great image.

    ... looking forward to more and hopefully seeing you in the new challenge that starts September 1st :)

    MsWipz

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Wonderful image and love her empty eyes! AND Maria Callas, I'm young enough to remember her on B&W TV and on the wireless! A beautiful piece of music to add. Thank you
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to keep the spammers (especially CHINA) off my blog....Thanks-word verification is off but I am on it...